I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006


I took my daughter, Julia, to the Hale Center Theater's production of "A Christmas Carol." I was sure what to expect because I'd never been to this theater before. When I walked in and saw that it was theater in the round and a pretty small round at that, I thought "well at least I didn't spend that much for tickets." Once the production began though, I was pleasantly surprised. We had the best time! The actors and actresses did a remarkable job, the blocking was impeccable, the singing was excellent-- I walked out of the theater with the biggest smile on my face and full of Christmas spirit. Most of the cast was even outside in the bitter cold singing Christmas carols and thanking you for coming as you left. I really was just so impressed and highly recommend the Hale Theater to anyone in the area. Julia had a wonderful time, and the best part was watching her face light up as she was transported into the story. Going to this play brought back fond memories of when I was a theater major in college, and oh how I wish I could have been a part of it all! I do miss it, but motherhood is definitely worth the sacrifice. Hearing her laugh and tell me all her favorite parts took any longing for another life completely away.

1 comment:

~Kristie said...

ahhhh... you're such a good mom!