I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I did it!!

I have not been running in two weeks now. I went running once while we were in vacation in Midway and then I was sick when we got home and then I had a cake to make. I found so many excuses. After being totally stressed out and having a fairly crappy day yesterday I decided to make my sorry self go running. As I started running I thought, I cannot do this! It's been too long, I really need to start walking. I forced myself to keep running though. I did not want to start at week one again. After the first mile I thought, I wonder how much further I can go?? I made it another mile and nearly through the third!!! There is a long steady incline during my last mile and it just did me in. I had about a quarter mile left and I had to walk for 30 seconds, but then I ran the rest of the way! AND I'm not even sore today. I guess technically I should not say I "ran" anything because a- I didn't run the whole 5k, I walked for 30 sec, and b- I don't really "run" I "jog." I'm really excited at any rate, I have not run like this since high school. I am still running at night by myself, but it is now light out when I go and there are actually a lot of people out. I think it helped keep me motivated to keep going, I was too embarrassed to stop with people watching. I'm going to take tonight off, but hopefully I will be able to run it again on the 11th without stopping. I can't believe I'm actually this close to reaching a goal! I haven't lost a single ounce or inch off my body like I wanted to, but it still feels good to know I'm trying.

1 comment:

~Kristie said...

Good for you! Wanna trade shins?