Jessica asked where she could get a printer, and as my reply was growing longer and longer, I decided to just write a new post instead.
There are a lot of printers you could buy to make an edible image. Super expensive specialized ones or a Cannon or an Epson. I chose to go with the Epson C88 because I read so many reviews that said the picture quality with Epson printers cannot be beaten. I even found a couple of reviewers who had both a Canon and and Epson, and they preferred the Epson hands down.

I purchased my printer at Newegg for around $80. I was shocked at how quickly I received my order. And they have amazing prices, I will use them again and again. I ordered my edible inks and edible frosting sheets from KopyKake and that was closer to $200.
There you have it, it's a little expensive to get into, so if you don't want to jump right in you can always order a sheet from me. They cost me (figuring in price of ink etc) about $3 a sheet, so I would charge $6-8 that includes shipping. I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship and package.
4 comments:
Only $80? WOW! You would think you were getting a steal of a deal and then I saw the cost of your inks. Your cake decorating habit is almost as spendy as my knitting habit!! LOL
Tell me about it... I had hoped this could grow into a "business" but after reviewing Utah's laws, that is not going to happen while we live in this state. Live and learn. And make $300 errors...
That's what I thought too "only $80!" sign me up!! That is crazy!! How long do you think that will last? Or does it say just how many you can print?
The inks will do I think she said 30 sheets, then you can buy refills, and the refills will fill three times. So it gets more economical. Just high set up cost!
Post a Comment