Waiting for pictures
Well, it didn't make it. My sis-in-law took pictures, but has not sent them to me yet. I'm not exactly sure how smashed it was, but she said it was pretty bad. On a happy note, she also said it tasted great and they all liked it. That's always nice!
If I had it to do over again, I would definitely remove all decorations from the cake and ship them separately from the cake. Then I would freeze the cake, use my food saver to seal it up, ship it overnight with ice packs and have it completely encased in styrofoam so it didn't matter if it was thrown around. The odds of me ever doing all this? Slim to none!! The most I would ship to someone again is a topper. I don't think that would be a big deal at all. Oh well, it was worth a try. Hopefully I will have some disasterous photos to share soon!
I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's all a process and learning lesson. Now you know what you'd do differently, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I'll be curious to see the photos.
That's to bad that it didn't make it! Gotta love the USPS!! The pictures should be interesting though, can't wait to see those!!
I did my first fondant cake in class this week and I think I'm in love!!!
Have you gotten pics from Ang yet? I'm dying to see what it ended up looking like!
Angie won't send me pictures, she says she doesn't want to make me sad. I keep asking her too though because I think it would be funny.
That's too bad. Your cake was so cute!!
Post a Comment