My Wilton Roses
I had my last class on Tuesday. I'm sad because it seems like I was just getting to know the people in my class and they aren't offering course 2 until the fall. They are doing Course 3 in July, so I will probably do that one. I would just buy the books and just figure it out for myself, but it's nice to get out of the house away from all distractions and really focus on just decorating.
Here is my final cake. I have been wanting to try a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling eversince I saw the
recipe on Cake Central, so instead of icing my cake in white icing like you are supposed to, I iced mine in
Chocolate Ganache. One note on the peanut butter recipe, I cut the recipe in half and then added about 3 more cups of powdered sugar so that it was closer to the consistency of icing. I used it to crumb coat the cake before putting the ganache on. I still had tons left over. The ganache was very easy to make and very easy to use. I highly recommend it!
I am not very good at buttercream roses, they are so much more difficult than I thought they would be. I could not get the number of petals right and doubt I ever will. Not that it really matters, who is going to notice? The instructor told us "practice makes perfect" and to lay our roses out in order so we could see our progression. Mine actually got worse!
That's it for me right now. Hopefully I will figure out how to get the pictures off my camera's internal memory so I can post about our trip up to Salt Lake to see "Les Miserbles." My next post will be my list of books for Shayla though, that I can do!
2 comments:
Oooooo...I want you to make me a yummy cake. By the way we are going to be in UT soon...so...start baking! Hee Hee
Those look soo good! I love it against the choc.! Good job!
Post a Comment