I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Where I've Been... Part 1

I really did not intend to totally drop off the face of the earth like that, I promise! Things just got crazy around here with visitors and cake making. I have so many things to share, I'm not sure where to begin...
First of all we had unexpected by very welcome visitors, my hubby's brother, wife and kids. They used to live by us and we have kids close in age, so it was so wonderful to see them. I really miss hanging out with them, but alas they have been sucked into the Albuquerque hole (no offense Shay) with the rest of my husband's family and since moving there just isn't really an option for us, seeing them on holidays will have to do.


Here's all the kids being their true selves- absolutely nuts! Starting from the top and going left to right we have baby Brooke (1), Danica (7), my Sydni (2), Bridger (3), Morgan (5) and my Julia (8). I really wish they could live two doors down from me and the kids could hang out every day, they had sooooo much fun! I miss them.

Here's another shot of the girls before we went to the mall, Laura (my SIL) and I are kind of a bad combo in that when we get together we like to shop. She is very stylish and I don't feel like such a moron going into stores I used to shop in when I was younger but usually feel like too much of a Mom to go into now.


The next round of visitors was my sister Angie, her hubby Ken and their kids Kati and Michael. They were on their way back from Vegas and it was Michael's birthday so he just had to have a cake! I got to use my printer!!! He wanted a Star Wars cake, and I thought doing the lava and the big fight at the end of the 3rd one would be fun. My niece got to stay at our house for a few days after that. We had a lot of fun, but I didn't take pictures. I so suck... I also got to see a couple of friends from high school while my niece was here. We went to my friend Aaron and his wife's home in West Jordan and my other friend Julie and her hubby came. We hung out and played Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. Now that was funny. Once again, no camera. It was so great to see them again, and to see all their adoreable little children. Both of them have a set of twins. Too cute!! Here's the cake though:


After that, my parents came to visit for my daughter Julia's dance recital. Sydni FINALLY warmed up to my parents and even loved Grandpa to tickle her. The older girls were running away from Grandpa so he couldn't tickle them, but she kept running up to him and holding out her little foot so he could tickle her. Very cute!



Here's a picture of Julia and her friend Bailey before they danced. The ballet this year was "Over the Rainbow" based on "Wizard of Oz." That's all for now!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad your back! Looks like fun! I love the starwars cake! Isn't it funny when family visits it's so fun but when they leave you are exausted!

~Kristie said...

What a great recap! I just love seeing photos of the family but mostly I love seeing photos of Julia & Sydni. They are so adorable!