I am happy to report that the "Unbirthday Party" was a smashing success! And even happier to report that the "leaning tower of cake" did not topple over before I was able to serve it. Phew!! Everything went extremely well, not bad considering I'm working off four hours of sleep. My nieces, Lindsey and Ally, ages 15 and 14 respectively were here helping me and I truely could not have done it without them.

We set up the house and backyard to look like scenes from "Alice in Wonderland." Inside the kiddies entered the house and went downstairs through the rabbit hole which was a curtain rod draped with a blanket and some greenery. The girls loved going up and down the stairs.
From the rabbit hole, they could follow the paths into "Tulgey Wood" aka the family room or to "The Mad Hatters" aka the backyard.We started out by playing The Candy Bar Game in Tulgey Wood. The game was a bit too hard for these 7 & 8-yr-olds to play properly, but they had a blast and loved it anyway. BTW miss88keys, you really do need 2 dice to up the odds. Unfortunately I could not find another anywhere in the house!!

The girls then all went outside to play Hot "Wonderland" Potato (we used a water balloon), "Clean Cup Move Down" (our wonderland version of musical chairs played in
the pool) and Water Balloon Toss- which I ended up playing with one of the girls since there were 7 girls that showed up. It was nice to get a little wet though it got soooo hot!! Then the girls played in the pool while I got lunch ready. We had sandwiches cut in the shape of flowers and stars, potato chips, carrots, watermelon, and "tea" (Crystal Lite Raspberry Lemonade). The girls picnicked under the shade of our tree.



After lunch the girls came back to "Tulgey Wood" for Julia to open her presents. She got some really great presents from her friends but I'm too tired to figure out what they all are right now!! My bro-in-law and sis-in-law came by and I had him bring Julia's present downstairs for me. We got her a brand new bike and she was thrilled!!
We also did cake and ice cream inside because I was too terrified to take the cake anywhere. We ended up waiting for my Mother-In-Law to come over because my camera DIED and I couldn't get a picture of the cake. Once she showed up we sang "Happy Unbirthday" and blew out candles and hacked that cake to pieces. The kids thought the cake was fake and were thrilled about the blue icing. They all wanted different parts of the cake so I ended up using every tier which really surprised me. It really was so much fun, but I am glad it's over. Now I am entirely physically and mentally exhuasted but too hopped up on caffiene to sleep... it was either drink the Diet Coke or fall asleep making lunch.
2 comments:
We Want Pictures! We Want Pictures! And why didn't I get invited?
Oh I'm still figuring this thing out! You'll have to be patient.
Post a Comment