I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Two cakes down, one wedding to go!



I have been busy making more cakes this month. And I'm not even close to being finished for the month! I still have hubby's cake on Sunday, my FIL on the 22nd and then the the wedding cake on the 24th. Good thing I don't live close to my Mom or I'd be doing another for her on the the 23rd. Actually there is a good chance hubby is just going to get a pie (which he'd prefer anyway), but I do want to make my FIL's because I have the perfect idea!! And it's simple to make. I hope...

Anyway, on to the cakes. First up is the cake I made for a baby boy's 1st birthday. I really think these may be my favorite cakes to make! The client wanted a bath time theme, maybe something to do with rubber duckies. She wanted a 10" and an 8" tiered cake. One layer with chocolate cake and chocolate mousse filling and the other to be chocolate cake with bavarian creme filling. Yum yum! This is the finished product.



I also took close up pictures of the little duck and bubbles. Everything you see is edible.

This baby is made of Rice Krispy treats covered in modeling chocolate. He is so tasty! The ducks are made of gumpaste with chocolate bills. The bubbles are gumpaste as well.


This second cake is a cake I have been wanting to make for a very long time now. I actually made the royal icing tiara back in April, but my neighbor never had a party for her daughter. I ended up not really having the time I would have liked to spend on this cake, but it still turned out pretty cute. It is 8" and 6" tiers, one is lemon with lemon curd filling and the top is chocolate with chocolate mousse. Not the best of photos, but I was in a huge hurry!! Better luck next time.



Today I am off to Costco to get the ingredients to start baking the wedding cake. School starts Tuesday here, so I also have some school shopping left to do. Not to mention hubby's birthday. I don't think I will be posting or reading much of anything for at least a week, so I hope you all have a good one!

7 comments:

Heather said...

They look fabulous as always. Good luck with the upcoming projects!!

Jennifer said...

So so so so sooooo talented, Steph! Every time I see one of your cakes I am completely blown away. Good luck with the wedding cake!

Melissa said...

Amazing. You are so talented!! What you need to do is start giving lessons!! Have fun making the wedding cake! Can't wait to see pictures... oh, and pie is a perfectly acceptable substitute for a cake. My hubby gets pie or cheesecake for his birthdays because he doesn't like cake very well :)

Jenn said...

Those look awesome!

Jessica said...

I agree with Jennifer, I am so blown away at how taleneted you are! Your cakes are so stinking cute!!! I only wish I lived closer so I could hire you! I can't wait to see the wedding cake!

~Kristie said...

How in the world did I miss this post? Thankfully, I already saw the photos of your beautiful cakes in my email. You are so talented!

Brandon and JaKell said...

WOW! You are amazing! These look so wonderful! You are such a talented person!