I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Wedding Cake Photos Have Arrived!


I was so happy when I saw an email with these pictures in my inbox today. I was beginning to think they were angry with the way the cake turned out and thought it tasted awful or something. She said they were very impressed with how the cake turned out and she'd keep me in mind for future cake orders. Horray!!
So here is how the cake turned out. I wish you could see the rest of the reception center, they had it decorated so beautifully. I like the color combo of hot pink and green, but I never would have thought of them as wedding colors. Everything really was just so elegant and clean, just really stunning. I was pleasantly surprised. And really happy the cake turned out after all the trouble I had and even up to the last minute thinking there was no way this could come out nice enough for a wedding.

She also included pictures of herself and another of the bride and groom, but I thought I'd just share this last one of the bride and groom cutting in to the cake.

There were so many little kids running around all wanting to help with the cake, I was concerned it wouldn't make it through the night, but it looks like it did. Weddings really are just so much fun.

This weekend I will be traveling to Tulsa, Oklahoma for the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show held at the Oklahoma State Fair (I think!). I'm meeting some people I met online that I've been emailing for about a year now. I'm excited to finally meet them in person and to see all the stunning cakes. They do little mini classes and my friends and I are going to try to teach each other some techniques at the hotel, so hopefully I will learn a lot as well as just having a great weekend away. I hope to take tons of pictures if I remember my camera! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great! I wish you were around to be my mentor.

Melissa said...

So, is the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show (did I get the name right?) like some kind of mecca for you cake people? Or maybe it is what heaven will be like?
The cake looks fantastic!! I wouldn't have put those colors together either, but it looks great!
Can't wait to see lots and LOTS of pictures from your trip :)

~Kristie said...

So beautiful! That color combination originally sounded horrible, but I can see now that it's actually very elegant.

Have fun on your trip, and be safe!

Jessica said...

You did such a good job! Like I ever thought it would be less than fantastic! I agree with the colors, sounds weird at first but looks pretty good together! I can't wait to hear about your trip!