I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Friday, October 05, 2007

More Cakes!


I just found out that this cake won the bronze. My friend, Narcy, is going to this lady's house to get private lessons on making a whimsical cake. I am green with envy!! This cake's theme was the Oscars. Each stair had the name of the film that won "Best Picture." The orchid sprays on this cake were phenomenal as well.







This cake was inspired by, "Lady Sings the Blues." I really loved the airbrushing and the drapes and overall color scheme.




There were a few cakes based on "Gone With the Wind" but this one was my favorite. The trees are a little sad, but the figures of Rhett and Scarlett are awesome! Scarlett even had these perfect tiny ringlets. Wish I knew how they did that.



I can't remember what the theme was for this cake, something Greecian! The little statues were just perfect.




I got to meet the gentlemen who created this cake. Mama Duck knew them ofcourse. They are designers from New York. If you look above the bottom tier you will see what appears to be a purple glass plate, it is actually poured sugar. They had to pour it in their hotel room. I have no idea how it survived the humidity! Amazing! Their theme was Lucille Ball.




Still with me? There's a lot to go!

This cake was called, "Hollywoodland" I just really loved how they wrapped this tier, it looked like fabric. The ladies I was with tell me they must have taken two strips of fondant and rolled them together to get the striped effect. The stripes were PERFECTLY straight.




This cake was inspired by "White Cristmas" and my photo does not do it justice. It sparkled just like real snow and was just so lovely. Their table was beautiful as well.




I don't think any of the ladies I was with liked this cake, but I thought the scroll work was amazing and the mask looked so real. It's theme was "The Devil Wears Fondant."




This cake was just so simply elegant. I think it was the Grace Kelly inspired cake, my memory is getting hazy though. I think it was called "Her Finest Hour" and they had a picture of her wedding gown.





This is the cake I will learn to make in January. Can you believe it? It is another "My Fair Lady" cake and Mama Duck met her in the classes she took following the competition. Why on earth that lady was taking a class is beyond me! Again my lack of photography skills is shameful, they had used Disco dust on the bottom tier and it really does shine like a disco ball. I bought some from one of the vendors. Kristie- I did turn my flash off, are you proud of me?



Would you believe there are still more cakes?? I'm done for today though.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

First again... :) Awesome! I love the cakes! And how exciting that you get to learn how to make the one?! That's great!

Jessica said...

I am really loving looking at all these pictures! I can't wait to see more!

Heather said...

Me neither.... I love this, glad you went.