I've completed 2 of the three cake orders for this month. The first two cakes you will see picture of today were for the same client, just delivered a week apart. One for friends, one for family. He had a space theme for his birthday.
This is the cake he had for his friends. It is a chocolate cake filled with vanilla pudding tinted green that oozed when you cut it. Frosted in chocolate icing and covered in marbled fondant.
The little aliens are sitting at a table eating birthday cake. They are all made from modeling chocolate.
This cake is an 8" chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, iced in chocolate covered in chocolate fondant tinted black. The whole cake is sprinkled with edible black glitter. The decorations, including the shuttle, are made from gumpaste.
Here is a close up of the shuttle. I painted the details on with food coloring. I was babysitting when I finished this one up and still amazed it made it in one piece with the girls trying to "help."
This week I am doing a cake to serve 80 with a lighthouse theme. It's due the day after Thanksgiving. My fabulous Mother-in-law offered to make the entire Thanksgiving dinner and since she is the best cook on the planet I am feeling extra greatful and blessed!!! Ja is going to go over to help cook that day, he's a bit ashamed I'd let her make the dinner on her own. :) I protested... a little...
5 comments:
Since I already saw the "alien" cake and commented, I just have to tell you how much I love the space shuttle cake. WOW! Can you send some of your creativity to me?
How awesome are you?! Do you wake up in the morning and think, "I ROCK!"? Cause if you don't, you totally should :)
Those look so good! and ditto to what Melissa said!!
Post a Comment