My Knitpicks order arrived on the 9th. I was so excited to knit that I canceled playing Bunco
that night- don't tell anyone else in my group! The yarn was all very yummy, but much brighter than I was expecting. I was most concerned about the Memories yarn, but it is the yarn I like best now. I absolutely LOVE the options needles, with a little help from big sis I conquered my fear of using 2 circulars. Once I actually tried, I realized it really wasn't all that complicated. Maybe it's just that I have a great teacher... ;) I was too scared to use my "good" yarn on my first attempt, so I used some yarn I had bought for a crochet project I will never complete. It is the Chestnut Heather colorway that looks absolutely horrid on my monitor, but is quite nice in person. I also decided to make the hat for me and since I have one of those large Irish heads and I was doing a long tail cast on and wanted to use up all the tail, I cast on 122 sts. The ribbing is a little big even for me, but oh well! The cabling all went great and then I was wondering when to decrease... hmmmm..... what exactly is the "crown" of my head.....who should I call??... big sis ofcourse and like always she had the answer. She found a help for me in "Knitting Rules" that says the measurement from the palm to the longest finger is how high a hat needs to be. This trick worked great for my noggin, but my hubby has bigger hands than I do and he tried on my hat last night and had to roll it up a good three inches. Maybe that's just for women?? Or large-Irish-head-people??? Dunno. Back to the knitting though, the decreasing went great and poof like magic I had a hat!! I look like a complete moron wearing it, but hubby seemed to enjoy wearing it around and today I tried it on baby and she loves taking it on and off on and off. I think she looks adorable in it, what do you think?

2 comments:
I LOVE your hat! It's very pretty & what type of yarn is that? What happened to your "links" this post?
By the way, the TOTEM turquoise doesn't look all that bad in the photo.
I will edit for you, I was lucky to get this up at all.
Post a Comment