I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006



Punkins!

The theme of Sydni's whole day can be summed up in that one little word, "punkins." I wish I knew how to include sound, because if you could hear her say it, she would melt your heart. Not that I've been able to capture her saying it. Kids never speak when you want them too, well mine don't.
She started out her 2nd birthday by going shopping with Grandma and Grandpa. I was entirely shocked because she wanted nothing to do with them the previous night and all that morning. Once the word "bye bye" was mentioned though, she was more than happy to let Grandma hold her and take her out to the car. She loves being outside or anywhere new. While they were out shopping, I was madly baking and preparing her birthday cake. It took me about 5 hours to complete, including chill times and bake times, but I think the end result was worth it.
Once they were back and the cake was complete we all went to the Pumpkin Patch. She loved it, she was surrounded by punkins to throw. She didn't like any of the Halloween decor, but Julia and her older cousins loved it. I don't have very many pictures of the trip. Since my parents were with us, I rely on them to take all the photos. Wonder if I will EVER get them... Seeing as I still haven't received her photos from her 1st birthday, it doesn't look good. At least I know there are photos though and I can at some point get them from my father.
After the patch we had dinner and came home for cake and ice cream and presents. We made the mistake of giving her what ended up being her favorite present first and it was difficult to get her to open anything else. Oh well! As long as she's happy!! She received a ride along car from Daddy, a Backyardigans pirate ship from Mommy, a Pooh Bear Water Baby from Julia, a baketball hoop from Grandma and Grandpa Inglet, and a Magna Doodle from Grandma and Grandpa Ivey.

So here is "the cake." I made it by baking two bundt cakes and frosting them and then covering the whole thing in fondant. Then I cut out the leaves and rolled the vines and the stem out of fondant. For the eys and mouth I rolled yellow sugar into the fondant and painted it with yellow food coloring to give it a more shiny effect.

Here's one last photo of me trying to get Sydni interested in blowing out her birthday candles. She usually loves to blow out any candle I try to light, but wouldn't you know I ended up blowing them out! Maybe next year?? We had a great time. I really cannot believe my baby is 2!

3 comments:

~Kristie said...

Oh how sweet!! I guess since I can't be there for all these wonderful holidays, at least I can live vicariously through your blog.

By the way, she says my name just as cute as she says punpkin.

slyn said...

It's true, and I think it's hillarious that she just naturally assumes that every time I'm on the phone I'm talking to "kiki."

slyn said...

Thank you! I know, I am so screwed!