I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Still Running

I went running again Sunday evening. I know, it's only my second run, why am I posting about it? This is how I'm going to keep myself accountable. You will be my "running buddy" since I have been completely unable to talk any of my friends into running with me. Anyway, I was soooo sore from running Saturday night, that I took things much slower to keep from injuring myself any more than I already have. If you really are a couch potato like I became over the winter, DO NOT RUN TO THE BEAT!!! or walk to the beat really. Maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to. I'm going to see how my run goes tonight, and if I'm still really sore, I will most likely repeat week one. I'm going to be running every other day and doing pilates on the alternate days. I have to work out daily or I will just stop altogether. Also I eat like a pig! :)

On a knitting note, I have been meaning to post pictures of my Twirl Hat for ages! Here it is:


It was knit for Julia, not Sydni, but I somehow never took a picture of Julia in it. Since she has lost it for the second time, I probably will never get the chance. Oh well, it was like a $2 hat. Don't you love knitpicks yarn?? I would not use the Totem yarn for this project again though. Well I guess what I would really need is a size smaller needle (this is not a plea to buy me more!! I really don't need them right now) I used a heavier yarn for my Asherton hat and like how that turned out much better. I still have some finishing to do on that one before I can take photos.

4 comments:

~Kristie said...

Good for you for exercising again. I haven't worked out since last Tuesday & it shows ... gained 2 pounds! I'm a pig!

That hat is so so cute, but since Julia seems to lose knitted objects, maybe you should handcuff her scripture bag to her when she takes it to church!

Shayla said...

Steph, you are awesome for running again!! I wish I could say I would join you, but running just isn't my thing... I'm afraid to even commit to doing a little treadmill time. As for the knitting...I am too impressed. I want a hat like that! And Kristie, I've been watching your blog too and you make such beautiful things. I LOVE Julia's scripture bag, I want one of those too! :-)

slyn said...

I am working up to the scripture bags, Shay. I'm hoping to be good enough to knit one for Mom for Christmas. I will definitely be ready to make one for Kenzie! I love knitting hats, so if you find a pattern you like, tell me the color and it's yours.
I'm honestly not much of a runner myself, but seriously every body I know who is in good shape runs, so I'm giving it a try. I really don't know that a marathon is in my future, but who knows. The 5K is a big enough feat for me right now. You should take a look at the program though. The really good thing about running outside is, if you run away from your house you have to run back, so you are guaranteed a good workout. That was a major selling point for me anyway. Wow long reply to a comment! Yikes!!

Peanutga11ery1 said...

Hi, found your blog via a search for knitpicks twirl hat... I had just convinced myself that cables wouldn't work with a boucle... but look at you! How did it knit up for you?