I'm a stay-at-home mother of two (soon to be three) married to one of the greatest men on the planet. This blog is simply an easy way for me to share a slice of our lives with family and friends.

Friday, July 20, 2007

10 Wonderful Years!

Yesterday was my 10th Wedding Anniversary. I don't feel that old. Some days it doesn't feel like that much time has passed. Much of the time it feels like I have known my husband all my life and that we have always been together. It's just how it is supposed to be.


My life has not gone the way I thought it would. If you had asked the girl in that picture where she thought she would be in 10 years, she'd probably told you living in the Northwest a block away from one of Jason's brothers, with four kids, the white picket fence, the 9-5 job, blissfully happy.



I may not be where I thought I would be, or have the things I thought I would by now, but I don't think I could be happier with my marriage or family. I didn't realize then that I would be able to love my husband more than I did that day. How could it possibly grow any bigger or deeper? I still feel that thrill of excitement when he walks through the door. I still have not tired of staring into his eyes, holding his hand, just being by him. He still makes me laugh. He still makes me feel cherished. I know my happiness means more to him than anything. What more could anyone possibly want?



We have two beautiful daughters. They have brought so much love and richness to our lives. I will never forget watching Jason hold them for the first time. I will never forget just laughing with joy the day our first daughter was born and the indescribable feeling of completeness the day our second daughter was born.



Where do I see myself in 5 more or 10 more years? I really don't know, but as long as I have Jason and my girls, I don't really care.

Happy Anniversary Ja!

8 comments:

Jason said...

What a wonderful wife I have! I don't know what I would do without her in my life. I do know that I would be a miserable wreck of a human being! Stephanie is everything in the world to me and my daughters are just perfect.

Love You,

Jason

~Kristie said...

HOW SWEET!

What a beautiful tribute to your husband and family. Now I have to go get a tissue .. you have made my eyes wet!

jrushing said...

Ohh how sweet! Congrats on 10 years! May the next 10 be just as good if not better!

Jessica said...

Congrats! (al little late I know!) 10 seems like such a huge number, but at the same time it goes by so fast! Hope it was a good one for you!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! What a great post from you and comment from your husband!
We're looking at 10 years in Janurary... and you're right. We aren't old enough to be celebrating 10 years of marriage! :)

Kris said...

Stephanie,

Call this totally crazy and random. I'm Kristen Johns Gourley! Remember me from IF?? My brother Nathan was in your grade??? Anyway, I know Jessica, and she was telling me that Stephanie on her links is from IF! So I decided to check it out. I can't believe I saw a picture of you on this post and recognized you! How funny is that! I'm living in WA with my hubby Jack and my 3 kids. I have a blog too!

Congrats on the 10 years of marriage. You look happy and I'm glad that things are going so well for you!

Kris said...

That is so funny that you remember all of us up at camp crying! That's a very accurate memory! How funny! Nathan is doing great. He lives in IF with his wife and 3 kids! He's working for The Smith Group. He's the head accountant there. My parents just left on a mission to AK. Is your family still in IF?? Where is Matthew at these days???

Jenn said...

What a sweet post, came across your blog looking for someone and just could not resist, Your words are able to make anyone lose a tear or two!