At some point I should probably stop referring to her as my "baby girl," but I suppose if my big sis can still call me her "baby sister" I can call Sydni my baby for a few more years!
Sydni really is getting more and more grown up all the time. It's such a bittersweet heart wrenching experience for me, those of you who are also finished having children hopefully know what I mean.
Shayla has been a HUGE help with this strange depression over my girl growing up that's consumed me lately. And a trip to Disneyland didn't hurt either! I digress...

Because we were traveling on her actual birthday, we ended up celebrating her birthday on her due date (a.k.a. Jenny's birthday) the 27th of October. I was torn over which character cake to make, one based on Pooh bear who she adores or of one of Snow White, who is decidedly her favorite princess. I settled on Pooh, because this really is very likely my last chance. Kids outgrow Pooh Bear, but not the Princesses.
We started out the big day by going to her ballet class. They got to dress up, and she was Snow White ofcourse. The kids had a blast dancing to monster music and actually mostly just playing with each other's costumes. It was a lot of fun! I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up her cake while everyone else played, then Grandma and Grandpa joined us for cake and ice cream and presents.
We started with presents. She had quite a haul. Not sure how that always happens. My sisters sent her Disney dollars to spend on vacation so we got a set of princesses and a set of all the Snow White characters. G'ma and g'pa got her a set of Play Doh with all the fun little cutting and rolling toys. Julia got her a Tinkerbell cell phone and a set of play dishes. Mom got her a Snow White doll, and Dad got her a little baby Pooh Bear seen in the pictures below.
She absolutely loves him. We got him at Disneyland, she carried him around and talked to him the entire time we were shopping. Now she loves putting him in the baby swing and putting him to sleep.
Here's a picture of the cake. Pooh Bear is made from Rice Krispy's covered in modeling chocolate and the pot is the cake- chocolate fudge cake with chocolate mousse filling and whipped cream filling, iced in Italian Meringue Buttercream and covered in Marshmallow fondant.
Sydni loved her cake, she was so excited and kept giving him kisses on his chocolate nose.
She loves blowing our candles, and had to blow hers out several times before we could cut in to the cake and eat! The cake was very tasty and if you have not tried it, I highly recommend Blue Bunny "Birthday Party" ice cream. It tastes kind of like cotton candy or a great vanilla birthday cake. Whatever it is, it tastes great! That's all gone but if anyone is interested I've got about a quarter of a honeypot left!
3 comments:
I can't have ice cream (sigh). Maybe I will go off my diet for a day or two when I see you next so I can try it though.
She will ALWAYS be your baby. Even if she's growing up so fast.
My Baby Girl just turned 4... and you're right. It is a bittersweet kind of thing. I'm pretty sure we are done with our family. It makes me sad to see her grow up...
Love all the pictures! The birthday party looks like so much fun!! Love the cake :)
The cake is awesome! And my Kids freak out if we don't have "Happy Birthday" ice cream (aka blue bunny).
Post a Comment