
Practice complete, can I do a hat now?
I finished my "Braided Hat Practice Dishcloth" this afternoon and thought I'd hurry and blog while I had a chance. This was my first time doing cables and I really enjoyed them! I used size 6 metal knitting needles and the u-shaped cable needle which was a little tricky for me to work with, but I didn't mind it. I ordered a flying something one from knitpicks though, big sis says I'll like it much better! I used 100% cotton yarn in denim by Bernat that you can find at Wal-mart. Did I mention I'm cheap? ;) I have discovered that I despise knitting with Acrylic yarn now, so I had to try some knitpicks yarn. I ordered Swish Superwash in Capri, Totem in turquoise, and Memories in Yukon to attempt my first pair of socks. Little projects are best for me with a wild 2-yr-old hell bent on destruction. I am dying for my order to arrive, but I'm told it will take at least a week. I also thought I'd include the pattern I used for this dishcloth:
Braided Hat Practice Dishcloth
Cast on 66 sts (or 88 if you knit tight) Work a band in 2 by 2 rib knit for 1."
Row 1: *p1, k9, p1, repeat from * to end.
Row 2: *k1, p9, k1, repeat from * to end.
Row 3: *p1, place next 3 sts on cable needle and hold in front of work, k3, pick up cable k3, k3, p1, repeat from * to end.
Row 4: same as row 2
Row 5: same as Row 1
Row 6: same as Row 2
Row 7: *p1, k3, place next 3 sts on cable needle and pull to back, k3, k3 from cable, p1, repeat from * to end.
Row 8: same as Row 2
Repeat rows 1-8 to desired length and end with rib knit for 1."
Adapted by miss88keys originally a hat pattern by anise.
2 comments:
I can't believe that's your first cable project. You'll be out-knitting me in no time!
And yes, you may be ready for the hat.
Gorgeous cables and such a pretty color. Great job!
Post a Comment